New Micronized Technology for Pressure Treated Wood
Osmose has long been a leader in the research and development of new products and services in all areas of wood preservation technology as well as Utility and Railroad asset management. Because of our commitment to quality, technical support, and service, we've built an impressive network of suppliers and customers throughout the United States and in more than 70 countries around the world.
This course discusses both general and sustainable benefits of micronized copper pressure treated wood. Design professionals will become more familiar with wood as a sustainable building material, the pressure treating process, and environmental certifications and advantages.
1. Identify why some treated woods processes are Environmentally Preferable Product (EPP) certified, based on Life-Cycle Assessment
2. List the environmental certifications that micronized copper pressure treated wood processes have achieved
3. Recognize the benefits of using micronized copper preservative technology in sustainable building design
4. Explain why wood is a good choice for building materials when considering environmental impact
5. Describe the Pressure Treating process
10 Multiple Choice and True/False Questions
A score of 80% or higher is required to receive a certificate of completion