Achieving Sound Abatement Through High-Performance Window and Door Solutions
As a leading supplier of polymer-based solutions to construction, REHAU addresses sustainable design priorities by engineering products that enhance comfort and convenience, reduce energy consumption, create healthy and safe environments, and conserve finite resources. REHAU's products and systems for the window and door, heating and plumbing, fire protection and pipe markets complement each other in integrated high-performance solutions.
It's challenging these days, when you put up a structure, be it a commercial building or a residence, hotels, etc. Anything that you're putting up there has to have a sound element to it. We're challenged by air traffic, rail traffic, highway traffic, construction site noise, outdoor concert noise; we have it all. Therefore, it's becoming important to understand how to manage this sound. We know that sound can be debilitating. It is a health issue, and it is a focus issue, so it's something we should pay attention to in order to make the habitat and our structures more comfortable and healthier. There are codes to pay attention to and there are methods to measure. Windows and doors are an important part of sound management, and high-performance windows and doors can make sure that your projects achieve your sound abatement targets.
- Describe sound transmissions experienced in today’s living environment
- Discuss regulatory requirements for noise and sound abatement in regards to occupant comfort and sustainability
- List relevant ASTM test standards, describe differences between Sound Transmission Class (STC) and Outdoor Indoor Transmission Class (OITC) and relate how to interpret test reports for windows and doors
- Explain how to determine a required sound abatement level for fenestration products and match windows and doors with wall performance for effective sound abatement and occupant comfort
- Describe fenestration solutions for sound abatement and experience different sound reduction measures in a room, when different sound sources are on the outside of the building
10 Multiple Choice and True/False Questions
A score of 80% or higher is required to receive a certificate of completion