Innovative Environment Control Through Creative Design: A Guide to Aluminum Canopies, Sunshades, and Awnings
The leader in extruded aluminum canopy, aluminum frame, store, hanger rod and custom canopy systems. Providing innovative environmental control through creative design, MASA Architectural Canopies represents an exciting approach to the pre-engineered building components market and is always pro-active to expand industry trends and designs. MASA’s broad knowledge separates them from the cookie-cutter fabricators to an elite level of custom design and build manufacturers. From start to finish, design through installations, MASA provides superior execution required during each phase of your project to produce top-quality canopy systems. When quality counts, you can count on MASA.
This course discusses the implementation of design methods, including the specification of technologies such as sunshading systems and other materials containing recycled content, as part of a holistic building design is critical to reducing energy consumption, optimizing energy performance of a building, and reducing extraction of natural resources for building materials.
- Discuss how buildings impact energy consumption and emissions
- Explain how using recycled materials lowers energy consumption and emissions
- Identify the sustainable attributes of aluminum
- Discuss the role of sunshading devices in passive design and identify how canopies and awnings can contribute to a holistic sustainable building envelope
- List important design considerations and attachment methods for architectural canopies and awnings
- Define LCA, and discuss the lifecycle of aluminum sunshading systems
- Identify which LEED credits aluminum architectural canopies and awnings might contribute toward
10 Multiple Choice and True/False Questions
A score of 80% or higher is required to receive a certificate of completion