Technologies for Sustainable Streets: Building Livable Communities
Founded in 1886, GAF is the largest roofing manufacturer in North America. As the industry leader with over $3 billion in sales, GAF proudly offers a comprehensive portfolio of award-winning, innovative roofing products for both steep-slope and commercial properties. Supported by an extensive national network of factory-certified contractors, GAF has built its reputation — and its success — on its steadfast commitment to Advanced Quality, Industry Expertise, Simple Solutions, and helping commercial property owners and designers reduce energy consumption.
Sustainable streets and creating better opportunities for pedestrian traffic is the focus of this course. Additionally, applications concerning traffic calming and environmental benefits of pavement design will be reviewed.
- List the 5 components of sustainable streets
- Describe the 3 considerations for choosing pavements
- Explain strategies for mitigating heat island effect
- Express how pavement fits into different green building rating systems and environmental concerns including VOCs, Energy, LEED, and Greenroads
- Describe different traffic calming methodologies and explain solutions for meeting these goals
- Give examples on how walking path and pavement design can bring communities together to create a more livable environment and a better quality neighborhood
- Discuss NYC’s Sustainable Streets Plan and describe how this is helping to create a better pedestrian and cyclist environment in an urban setting
10 Multiple Choice and True/False Questions
A score of 80% or higher is required to receive a certificate of completion