Thermal Energy Storage: A Vital Ingredient to a Low Carbon Future
CALMAC is transforming how energy is used at buildings to the time when energy is used. Widely recognized for promoting peak energy conservation and energy cost savings CALMAC is a member of the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC). CALMAC is the manufacturer of IceBank® Energy Storage equipment, with over 4,000 Ice Storage installations in over 35 countries. IceBank systems are a valuable component of the smart grid, enabling energy, including renewable wind energy that mainly blows at night, to be efficiently stored for use during periods of high demand.
This course will better inform the design professional about thermal energy storage and how it contributes to energy efficiency, cost savings, and environmental responsibility.
- Describe what energy storage is
- List examples of different forms of energy storage
- Describe how energy storage works
- Describe why energy storage is needed to make new renewable generation sources more viable
- Explain how thermal energy storage saves energy and money.
- Explain how thermal storage may contribute towards a project earning LEED Certification
- Explain how a building designer or developer may qualify for tax deductions
10 Multiple Choice and True/False Questions
A score of 80% or higher is required to receive a certificate of completion