Your Responsibilities When Designing for The Hospitality Industry
GreenCE’s mission is to support the necessary transition to a sustainable built environment by empowering design professionals to address the environmental, economic, and social impacts of buildings. GreenCE’s course catalog includes LEED exam preparation, continuing education to maintain your AIA or LEED credential, as well as specialty education focused on topics such as ADA/Barrier-Free requirements. We are committed to designing the highest quality continuing education programs in the construction industry.
We will discuss codes and standards for public accommodations and accessibility. Design professionals will develop comprehensive planning and design strategies for new construction and alterations to projects in the hospitality industry. Accessible routes, public accommodations and amenities to improve the experience and independence of the user will be presented through a series of case studies and project site evaluations.
- Distinguish between codes and standards for public accommodations and accessibility for a hospitality site, its buildings and features.
- Explain comprehensive planning and design for new construction and alterations.
- Describe how accessible routes, public accommodations and amenities will improve the experience and independence of the user throughout the site and facility.
- List current ADA requirements for guestroom accommodations and show compliance with guidelines.
- Discuss Title III for the hospitality industry.
10 Multiple Choice and True/False Questions
A score of 80% or higher is required to receive a certificate of completion