LEED Economics: Costs, Benefits & Performance
T. Stern Sustainability LLC is a Seattle-based firm that delivers tailored green building solutions, suited to an organization’s brand, mission and pro-forma needs.
Teresa’s collaborative approach helps client teams:
Integrate sustainable design and operations measures that boost performance and reduce the total cost of ownership.
Manage the LEED process.
Create, coach and expand internal green teams.
Share success via case studies, signage & web content.
This course provides an understanding of the significance of green building in the US and how LEED contributes to green building. We review key industry data regarding the costs and benefits of LEED construction. We also identify how to manage or eliminate cost premiums, to achieve high performance LEED buildings including LEED Platinum. The course will deepen attendee’s knowledge of how to implement the LEED rating system and understand the difference between the easier options and higher value integrated design.
- Identify the economic benefits associated with LEED buildings
- Review low-cost LEED strategies and their correlating credits
- Describe how projects use an integrated design approach to achieve higher performance for lower cost
- Review green building industry and LEED market data
- Find LEED incentives & rebates
10 Multiple Choice and True/False Questions
A score of 80% or higher is required to receive a certificate of completion