Sustainable Forest Management and FSC Certified Wood
GreenCE’s mission is to support the necessary transition to a sustainable built environment by empowering design professionals to address the environmental, economic, and social impacts of buildings. GreenCE’s course catalog includes LEED exam preparation, continuing education to maintain your AIA or LEED credential, as well as specialty education focused on topics such as ADA/Barrier-Free requirements. We are committed to designing the highest quality continuing education programs in the construction industry.
This one hour movie explores the FSC certification process, fire suppression, the role of old growth forests, and watershed protection. Join us as we journey into redwood forests, down the Rogue River watershed, and talk to veteran foresters & loggers. LEEDv3 Materials and Resources Credit 7 for NC, Schools, and CS is analyzed in detail. Industry professionals offer advice about the FSC certification process, chain of custody requirements, and design team responsibilities.
- Describe the FSC certification process
- Explain ways to achieve responsible forest management
- Discuss the history of forest management
- Discuss how fire suppression affects forests
- Describe features of an old growth forest
- Explain how a forest can protect watersheds
- List the benefits of using sustainable wood products
10 Multiple Choice and True/False Questions
A score of 80% or higher is required to receive a certificate of completion