Improving Your Outlook Through Hydrophobic Coatings
Since 1997, Diamon-Fusion International (DFI) has been making people's lives easier and more beautiful by developing, manufacturing and distributing protective coatings, application machinery, and restoration products for architectural and transportation surfaces such as glass, granite, tile, porcelain and quartz.
In this one hour course, the Buildings Professional will evaluate hydrophobic coatings as a solution for many common problems encountered during the life-cycle of a building. Environmental damage resilience for the building exterior, radical reduction of exterior cleanings, improved photovoltaic performance, and enhancement of the forward-facing aesthetic are some of these easily realized opportunities. Explore a variety of applications, from exterior glazing to shower enclosures, and understand the operational, environmental, and other benefits inherent to this technology. The course will conclude with an evaluation of how hydrophobic coatings can help the building achieve LEED v4 certification.
1. Describe the environmental benefits of hydrophobic coatings.
2. Identify suitable applications for different types of hydrophobic coatings.
3. List the operational impacts for building exteriors treated with hydrophobic coatings.
4. Assess how the use of hydrophobic coatings can contribute to points in the LEED v4 rating system.
5. Identify problems resulting from environmental damage to glazing.