Decorative Hardwood Plywood: Attractive & Sustainable
About the Provider
Founded in 1957, Columbia Forest Products is North America’s largest manufacturer of hardwood plywood and hardwood veneer products. Columbia’s decorative interior veneers and panels are used in high-end cabinetry, fine furniture, architectural millwork and commercial fixtures. Columbia’s products are sold through a network of wholesale distributors, mass merchandisers and original equipment manufacturers from three distinct business units: plywood, veneer and global services.
- Explain the basics of decorative hardwood plywood, how it is manufactured, and its sustainable attributes
- Compare and contrast the different types of cores and adhesives that are used to manufacture decorative hardwood plywood with an emphasis on urea formadelhyde and NAUF options
- Differentiate and discuss the different types of veneer options offered (including species, grading, and cut)
- Discuss the questions that need to be asked to successfully specify decorative hardwood plywood concerning LEED & LBC contribution
(06) Wood, Plastics and Composites