Concrete Tile Roofing: The World's Most Sustainable and Energy Efficient Roof System
Founded three decades ago, Eagle Roofing Products began operations in the fall of 1989 with just one high-pressure concrete tile extrusion machine located in Rialto, California. Fast forward to present day and Eagle's Rialto facility is the largest in North America. In addition, we have manfacturing plants in Phoenix, Arizona, as well as Stockton, California and Sumterville, Florida meeting the demand for concrete roof tile across the united States and Canada. Our expertise in the building and roofing industries, coupled by our extensive array of profiles and colors, enables us to provide our customers with high quality concrete roofing products that are aesthetically beautiful, long-lasting and environmentally friendly.
Wednesday, May 13, 2020 - 12:00pm to 1:00pm EDT
In this one hour course, we will take an in-depth look at the sustainability and energy efficient attributes of concrete tile roofing, including the near zero-waste manufacturing process, life-cycle cost and performance versus temporary asphalt shingle roofing as well as the installation process which enhances the inherent thermal mass attributes of concrete tile roofing.
- Discuss how the versatility of concrete tile roofing combined with its durability makes it one of the most sustainable roofing products available.
- Consider the value of products composed of a small number of raw materials that are sustainable, including some recycled materials.
- Review the near zero waste manufacturing process of concrete roof tiles from the introduction of raw materials to the finished product.
- Compare and contrast an installation method that exploits the air permeable characteristics of concrete tile roofs versus temporary roofing materials.
- Identify key performance characteristics of concrete tile roofing including wind and hail resistance.
- Analyze the longevity, durability, and overall life cycle cost analysis of concrete roof tile compared to asphalt shingles, wood shakes, slate, and metal.
- Confidently specify concrete tile roofing as an alternative to slate, metal, wood shakes, and temporary asphalt shingles.