The Importance of Effective Handwashing and It's Impact on Global Health
Webinar Begins In
Eemax was established in 1988 with a line of tankless water heaters for commercial applications ranging in size from .5 GPM to about 1.5 GPM. The original Eemax electric tankless technology was patented and quickly emerged as the most versatile technology on the market. Additionally, Eemax introduced ground-breaking technology with the SafeAdvantage™ and SpecAdvantage™ product lines. SafeAdvantage and on demand in commercial, institutional, and safety applications with unsurpassed efficiency, reliability, precision, and speed. Are products are easily installed on existing electric or gas tanks to increase the deliverable amount of hot water. In 2018, Eemax celebrated its 30th Anniversary and the successes that have brought us to todays and make us the nation's number one supplier of electric tankless water heating solutions.
Thursday, March 26, 2020 - 12:00pm to 1:00pm EDT
Designing public handwashing solutions that are code compliant, with reliable performance and efficiencies in water and energy use, can present several challenges to both the architect and plumbing engineer. This course will review current plumbing codes, public health agency guidelines, and regulatory statutes. Insights into specific water heating technologies and system designs will be covered.
- Participants will gain an understand of service water heating code bodies that dictate design parameters for safe and efficient hot water delivery. Code considerations: UL, UPC, IPC, IECC, ANSI, NEC.
- Participants will gain an understanding of current public health agency guidelines specific to handwashing and effects on health. Agencies covered: ASHRAE, CDC, CMS, DoE, EPA, OSHA, WHO.
- Participants will learn how water temperature can impact- both positively and negatively - the health efficacy of handwashing.
- Participants will be able to explain the differences between traditional and non-traditional types of water heating technologies, and identify strengths and limitations of each in handwashing applications.
- Participants will gain an understand of the benefits gained with tankless electric water heating systems.