The Importance of Effective Handwashing and It's Impact on Global Health
About Eemax, Inc.
Eemax is leading the evolution of hot water with cutting-edge technology that provides consistent hot water. It is our mission to drive the progression of efficiency maximized by developing advanced tankless electric hot water heating solutions. We are empowering professionals with trusted and versatile products that can accommodate a multitude of installation scenarios. Today, Eemax products are delivering energy-efficient hot water for restaurants, schools, manufacturing facilities, commercial restrooms, laundries, breweries, medical facilities, and more. Wherever hot water is needed—Eemax has the solutions—making us America’s #1 choice for tankless electric water heaters. Learn more @eemax.com.
Thursday, May 21, 2020 - 12:00pm to 1:00pm EDT
Designing public handwashing solutions that are code compliant, with reliable performance and efficiencies in water and energy use, can present several challenges to both the architect and plumbing engineer. This course will review current plumbing codes, public health agency guidelines, and regulatory statutes. Insights into specific water heating technologies and system designs will be covered.
- Participants will gain an understand of services water heating code bodies that dictate design parameters for safe and efficient hot water delivery. Code considerations: UL, UPC, IPC, IECC, ANSI, NEC
- Participants will gain an understanding of current public health agency guidelines specific to handwashing and effects on health. Agencies covered: ASHRAE, CDC, CMS, DoE, EPA, OSHA, WHO.
- Participants will learn how water temperature can impact- both positively and negatively- the health efficacy of handwashing.
- Participants will be able to explain the differences between traditional and non-traditional types of water heating technologies, and identify strengths and limitations of each in handwashing applications.
- Participants will gain an understand of the benefits gained with tankless electric water heating systems.