Improving the Performance of Finished Concrete Flooring
PROSOCO is a national manufacturer of products for cleaning, protecting and maintaining concrete; making building envelopes air- and water-tight; and cleaning, protecting and restoring new and existing masonry buildings. We strive to provide innovative products and services that improve the appearance and performance of our built environment. Since its founding in 1939, the company has excelled at the innovation and development of superior products and services for the construction industry. The United States Capitol Building, Grand Central Station, the World Trade Plaza, the Smithsonian Institute, Jacobs Field. PROSOCO products are a part of constructing, restoring, and preserving our present and our past.
This overview of concrete floor basics shows participants how to get the most of finished concrete floors. along the way it discusses levels of finish, hardening-densifying and other aspects of finished concrete flooring not commonly known. The program also shows how to protect and maintain finished concrete flooring. It includes tips for protecting finished floors from damage during building construction.
- List two ways finished concrete floors “perform” that contribute to sustainability.
- Compare the waste-generation characteristics of lithium-silicate hardener/densifiers to older potassium- and sodium-silicate hardener/densifiers.
- Explain how regular maintenance contributes to sustainability of polished concrete floors.
- Match protective treatments to appropriate flooring types.
- Better understand the expected service life of a finished concrete floor and what factors may impact that.