Innovative Environmental Control through Creative Design
The leader in extruded aluminum canopy, aluminum frame, store, hanger rod and custom canopy systems. Providing innovative environmental control through creative design. MASA Architectural Canopies represents an exciting approach to the pre-engineered building components market and is always pro-active in the use of materials to expand industry trends and designs. MASA’s broad knowledge separates them from the cookie-cutter fabricators to an elite level of custom design and build manufacturers. From start to finish, design through installations, MASA provides superior execution required during each phase of your project to produce top-quality canopy systems.
When quality counts, you can count on MASA
WE * DESIGN * BUILD * INSTALL
This course discusses the impact of buildings on the natural environment and offers insight on designing to minimize those impacts. The discussion emphasizes implementing design methods including specification of technologies such as sunshading and canopy systems and other materials that contain recycled content. Designing as part of a holistic building environment is critical to optimizing energy performance and reducing extraction of natural resources for building materials. LEED credits associated with specifying aluminum sunshading systems is also discussed.
- Discuss how buildings impact energy consumption and emissions.
- Explain how using recycled materials lowers energy consumption and emissions.
- Identify the sustainable attributes of aluminum.
- Discuss the role of sunshading devices in passive design and identify how canopies and awnings can contribute to a holistic sustainable building envelope.
- List important design considerations and attachment methods for architectural canopies and awnings
- Define LCA, and discuss the lifecycle of aluminum sunshading systems.
- Identify which LEED credits aluminum architectural canopies and awnings might contribute toward.