LEED v4: Paints and Coatings
When it comes to premium paints and stains for your home, Benjamin Moore has set the standard for excellence, since 1883. We manufacture our own resins and exclusive Gennex® colorants, which deliver superior performance and application properties in every product. Paired with our incomparable selection of authentic colors, Benjamin Moore paints are formulated to help you achieve beautiful, lasting results—every time you paint. To find a Benjamin Moore retailer near you, visit
Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 12:00pm to 1:00pm EDT
Get a comprehensive overview of LEED v4 BD+C New Construction credits – and how paints and coatings can contribute directly and indirectly to LEED credits. We’ll review credit intents, explain credit requirements, and explore where to find materials to meet the needs of the credits.
- 1. Describe the motivation behind LEED v4.
- 2. Explain what VOC’s are and where are they in Paint?
- 3. Identify the categories under Indoor Environmental Quality that paint can contribute to LEED v4 credits.
- - Low-Emitting Materials
- - Indoor Air Quality Assessment
- - Interior Lighting (indirectly)
- 4. List the two options to achieve credits under the Heat Island Reduction category.
- 5. Describe the types of declarations and certifications Building Product Disclosure and Optimization credits.